Saturday, February 21, 2015

San Antonio Screever Hits the Sanford Florida Pavement






 After a year and seven month long break, I'm back. People are friendly at the Downtown Sanford Farmer's Market. The day started out a hazy grey, and eventually warmed into the nicest morning. The market is seven to ten times smaller than the Pearl, and I thought the Pearl was small. I admit, I missed cinnamon in my coffee, concha rolls and chocolate filled pastries. Is that why I only lasted three hours?
Well, sort of. After emailing the market's coordinator, a super hip chick named Michelle, we decided I could work on paper until we heard something from the city. And eventually, the paper tore. There's only so much abuse and chalk it can absorb.
 After I set up and discussed areas with Michelle, we joked that if anyone objected in the future to on pavement work, we could just grab a pail or two of water and pretend nothing ever happened. I hope it never comes to that. Sanford is really making moves to be more of an "art friendly" place according to locals.
I'm looking forward to future projects very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment